Amazon`s Privacy Notice
Last updated on September 25, 2012.
Responsible for Personal Information
Amazon.com, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States are part of the Safe Harbour program developed by the Commerce Department of the United States and the European Union. These companies have been certified Group Amazon adherence to the privacy principles of the Safe Harbour program, agreed by the European Union and the United States. For more information about the Safe Harbour program and check the certificate of the Amazon group of companies, please visit the Safe Harbour program of the Department of Commerce of the United States. To make a direct inquiry to Amazon about the Safe Harbour program, please send an email to email@example.com.
What personal data collected Amazon about customers?
The personal information we collect from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping at Amazon. Generally we use the information to manage orders, deliver products and offer services, process payments, to contact you regarding orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records, maintain your account on Amazon, show content such as wish lists and customer reviews and recommend products and services that may be of interest. We also use this information to improve our store and our platform and prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other support functions on our behalf.
These are the types of information we gather:
- Information you provide to us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. Click here to see some examples of information we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but if you do so, you can not enjoy many of the features we offer. The information you provide is useful for us to respond to your requests, customizing future shopping undertaken, improving our stores and get in touch with you.
- Mobile: When you download or use applications (apps) created by Amazon or its subsidiaries and consents requested or location services, where appropriate, can receive information about their location and on their mobile device, including a unique identifier thereof. We may use that information to provide based on their location, for example, search results and other personalized content services. Most mobile devices allow you to disable these location services. Click here for more information on how.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails we send are more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open an email that has been sent Amazon, if your computer supports this type of tasks. Furthermore, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers, we compared our customer lists with which we receive from other companies. If you do not wish to receive emails and notifications Amazon, please adjust your subscriptions and e-mail notification preferences by going to My Account.
- Information Collected from Other Sources: We may receive information about you from other sources and add to our account information. Click here to see some examples of the information we receive.
Information about Cookies
Does Amazon Share the information it collects?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and do not participate in the business of selling it to others. Amazon shares customer information only as described below, with Amazon.com, Inc. and subsidiaries under the control of Amazon.com, Inc., which are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Affiliated companies that are not under our control: We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases, like that of Marketplace sellers, these companies operate their own stores website Amazon, or offer their products to customers through Amazon. In other cases, we operate stores Amazon who provides services or sell product lines jointly or on behalf of these companies. Click here to see some examples of joint bids or performed under the same brand. The customer will always know when a third party is involved in your transactions. Amazon shared with such third party personal data required for the transaction client.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Some of the functions performed include: execute orders, deliver packages, send postal mail and mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, data analysis, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including links and paid listings), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. They shall treat personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and the applicable legislation on data protection.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes send you offers on behalf of other companies to selected customers Amazon. In these cases, we will not give your name or address to these companies. If you do not wish to receive such offers, please adjust your subscriptions and e-mail notification preferences by going to My Account.
- Transmissions companies: As we develop our business, we may buy or sell stores, subsidiaries and business units. In such transactions, one of the assets of the companies transferred usually the personal information of customers, however, the information is in any case subject to the commitments made in the Notices of Privacy pre-existing (unless, of course, that the customer authorizes otherwise). Of course, in the unlikely event that Amazon or most of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal customer information would be one of the transferred assets.
- With Your Consent: Except as otherwise stated above, you will be informed if any information about you is made known to third parties in order to have the opportunity to decide their information shared.
Is my personal information safe?
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer software (SSL), which encrypts information you input.
- By confirming an order only reveal the last four digits of the numbers of your credit cards. As it is evident, transmit the entire number of credit card institution for appropriate credit card order processing.
- We have systems of physical, electronic and procedural regarding the collection, storage and disclosure of personal customer information security. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before providing confidential information.
- It is important to protect against unauthorized third-party access to your password and to your computer. Make sure you log out at the end if it is using a shared computer. Click here for more information on closing your session.
Information about third party advertisers and links to other web pages
Our site may include third-party advertising and access to other websites. For more information about third party advertising on Amazon, including announcements or based on your interests, please read our policy Cookies and Internet advertising.
What information I have access to?
Amazon gives you access to a wealth of information about your account and your transactions so you can see Amazon and, in certain cases, updating such information. Click here to see some examples. This list may change as our website evolves.
What are my options?
- As I indicated earlier, you always have the choice not to provide information, although it may be necessary to make a purchase or to use some of the features as My Account, My Wishlist, Customer Reviews, and Amazon Premium.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as the present section What information I have access to. Normally, each time you update your data, keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not wish to receive postal mail or electronic please adjust your subscriptions and e-mail notification preferences by going to My Account. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and Sale and other legal notices, such as this Privacy Notice, which will govern your use of Amazon and Amazon orders you make will be your responsibility to be aware of the changes that are included in them).
- If you do not want us to use your personal information to allow third parties to personalize the ads we show you on our website, please adjust your subscriptions and e-mail notification preferences.
- In the Help function of most browsers tells you how to set your browser to not accept cookies, to notify you whenever you receive a new cookie, or to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by extensions (add-on) browsers, such as Flash cookies by changing the settings of the extensions or visiting the website of its manufacturer. However, we recommend that you leave cookies enabled given the opportunity to offer you to take advantage of many of the essential functions of Amazon. For example, if you decline our cookies or blocks, you can not add items to your cart, enter the page Complete the order or use any of the products or services that require Amazon need to sign.
Are you allowed to use Amazon as minors?
Minors are not allowed to buy products Amazon. The products we sell to minors must be purchased by adults. All children under 18 can only use Amazon under the supervision of a parent or guardian.
Announcements and reviews
If you have any concerns regarding the privacy of Amazon, please send us an email detailing your inquiry and we will try to resolve it. You have the right to access, update or delete their data, and object to their treatment. You can exercise this right sending us an email.
Due to the continuous evolution of our business, this Privacy Notice and Conditions of Use and Sale may also be changed. We may periodically send reminders about our notices and conditions via e-mail, unless you have chosen not to do so. However, we recommend you visit our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless indicated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information regarding treat you and your account. Anyway, we are true to our word and in any case we substantially change our policies and practices to make them less effective in protecting personal customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of information collected
Information that you provide: You provide us the most information when searching, shopping, to post your comment, to participate in a contest or sweepstakes or contact our customer service. For example, we are providing information in the following cases: when looking for a product, place an order through Amazon or one of our vendors, entering information in Your Account (can you have more than one account, if you have used more than one email address when shopping) or your Profile, when you contact us by phone, email or through other means, when completing a questionnaire or a form of participation in a lottery, when you use our services, or create Wish Lists gift registries, when you participate in Discussion Boards or other community services, or publishes Reviews and evaluates specifies reminders for special occasions, and using alerts for product availability as notifications Availability Purchase. When performing the above actions, you are giving us information such as your name, address and phone number, details of your credit card, people who have sent items purchased (including mailing addresses and telephone numbers), names, phone numbers and mailing address of persons included in the configurations of the "1-Click" email addresses of your friends or other people, content of reviews and e-mails sent to us, personal description and photograph of lists your profile and your financial information.
Most mobile devices provide users the ability to turn off location services. Most likely this possibility is in the device setup menu. Click here for more information on some specific devices. If you are unsure how to turn off location services on your device, we recommend that you contact your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device.
Information collected from other sources: These are some examples of the information we collect from other sources: Postal Information and shipment date to collect from transport companies or other third parties to correct our records and make delivery of your next purchase more easily account information on purchases and returns and about your visits to the website, we collect from companies with which we develop joint activities under the same brand or who offer technical, advertising and logistical services, including: information on search terms and results of searches conducted through Internet search applications offered by our subsidiaries, Alexa Internet, search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored links), and information on the credit history of credit bureaus that we use to prevent and detect fraud and to offer credit and financial services to certain customers.
Offers under the same brand and joint bids Occasionally we offer products and services together under the same brand or with other companies.
Information that can access: Some examples of information that is easily accessed from Amazon are: current ordering information, personal information (including name, email, password, communications preferences and personalized advertising, address book and preferences "1-Click"); payment preferences (information about credit cards, credit gift vouchers, gift cards or gift certificates); preferences email notices (including Alerts Product Availability, Delivery, Reminders Occasion, and newsletters); Recommendations (including Personal Recommendations and Upgrade your advice); shopping lists and gift registries (including Wish Lists and registries Baby and Wedding); accounts seller, and your Profile (including your Reviews products, tips, lists "Listmania" Reminders, personal profile).
This website has been translated with Google Translate. Source.